Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"You Look Like A Boy."



Last night I was on my face book account and a really old friend had requested me to be friends with her. I accepted and looked at her account. Anna is her name and we were best friends growing up until I moved away after 4th grade. Anna was a good friend and her mom and sisters took good care of me and my sister when my mom past away. My favorite times spent with her were at her pool and cabin.

Anyhow I found these old class pictures and could not help but post them for all to see. My 1st grade picture there is no excuse as to why I look so bad. I had a mom and I just am not sure what she was thinking on that one. The 4th grade picture is right after my mom died and let's just face the facts. My dad did a great job with us. He cooked, he cleaned, he picked out cute clothes for us, but he did not do hair. As far as Michelle is concerned she attempted to help but I was not the best of sitting still so there you have it. I did my own hair and the results are far from stunning.

So this morning I showed Ashlyn my pictures and said do you want to see mom when she was your age? She looked at the picture and said " You look like a boy mom." She then covered her mouth because she felt bad for saying it but she was only speaking the truth. Mark agrees with Ashlyn and said those pictures don't look like me at all and that if there were not names written on there he would have guessed I was someone else. At least they are honest.

7 comments:

Julia said...

I say you are cute as a button in both of them!

kellie said...

Ohhhh...I still think you look like a babe :) Those were bad hair days for all of us!! But look at you now, HOT!

Mandy said...

You were the cutest boy in class :) Love ya

TR said...

How is it that Mandy ALWAYS beats me to these comments? I would LOVE to see side-by-side pics of you and Mark from grades K-12. Can you make that happen?

Heather said...

I think you looked cute. Everybody has goofy photos from when they were younger. Next time you are over I will show you some of me...like last month...ouch! Really though, you looked cute and it was a great post to read about your dad taking care of you after your mom passed.

pamela said...

I think you look cute! I've always wished I could get away with short hair - still can't. You should see my scary childhood pictures, junior high pictures... Not all mom's know how to do hair. Add in those plastic frame glasses and buck teeth, and you've got a winner.

I want to know why the pictures are in a totally random order. I've never seen class pictures that weren't alphabetized. I know, I notice strange things.

Anna said...

I know you told me this story, but I still laughed when I read it! Too funny! Let's face it...hair just wasn't the cool thing to care about back then!