Thursday, October 22, 2009

Joshy's Birthday and Updates

Last Saturday was Josh's 3rd birthday. I cannot believe my baby is already 3 years old. He is growing to be so big and has developed such a cute personality. Ashlyn to is growing up right before us and also has quite the personality.

We didn't go to crazy on Josh's Birthday. We had Marks family over on Saturday night after the BYU game and then went to my dad's house or I guess Grumpies house on Sunday for another party for him. I made him a Cars cake (which took all freaking morning to make) and them we just let him play with his new toys. He got a rug that he can drive his cars on and when we unrolled it he said " Oh yeah Baby!" He got a lot of toys that were cars and a Forklift from Grandma and Grandpa Holley. Grandma and Grandpa Webb gave him a bike and his aunts and uncles spoiled him with car toys and movies.

Josh is completely potty trained and has been for about 5 months now. He is finally off the bottle and is just a little love. He will give anyone a hug that asks for one and is never mean to anyone. He loves his cousin Mack and talks about him everyday. He always asks when he is going to come over. The nice thing about the two of them is they never fight. He says totally funny things. Just yesterday I was taking him to his 3 year check up and he said "I am really nervous mommy" and also "I don't like it when they poke my leg I only like when they tickle my ear"

Ashlyn on the other hand is getting so old. She loves school this year and I am so thankful. Her teacher is so good to her and she has found some really good friends. Yesterday she told me a girl named Sierra is her best friend. I have not met her but she always plays with Ashlyn at recess so she must be a good friend. After school gets out Ashlyn likes to strip down to a tank top and her undies and snuggle in her blanket and watch a movie. She just likes to veg and relax after her long day of school she tells me. She hates it when I make her run errands. Ash lost her first tooth a couple of weeks ago and was very excited about it. That night she left her tooth under her pillow and that same night I found a paper heart under mine that said I love you from Ashlyn. It made my heart melt. She has the sweetest and most thoughtful personality. I am not sure of many 6 year olds that would do that. I now call her my heart fairy.

Well that is all. I hate to keep typing. The kids are doing great and we love them so much and are very proud of them. Here are some cute pictures of them.












5 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

Cute kids Natalie....awesome cake too!

Lindasue said...

I can't believe you made that cake! How cute! Happy birthday to Josh and glad to hear about Ashlyn too.

Ostler said...

Happy birthday cute little Joshie!

The House that James Built said...

i'm impressed with the cake too nat! should i call you martha holley or nat stewart? the kids are adorable...of course. i like it when the dr tickles my ear too. who doesn't like that? a big thank you for all your help at the benefit. without you the auction wouldn't have happened. seriously. you rock girl!!

Ostler said...

Update your blog!