Sunday, April 20, 2008

We Love Boston




I wanted to post some pictures from our trip but I seem to have no time at all. We had a great time on our trip. The kids were a lot of work but I am glad that we brought them with us. A family vacation would not be the same without the the kids.

Ashlyn was so good. She loved having all of Grandma, Grandpa, and Amber's attention. Grandma made her popcorn and hot chocolate each night and it made her so happy. She loved going swimming each night with Mom and Grandma. She enjoyed sitting in her stroller and being pushed around like a princess. For those of you know she is not one to want to walk to much. She is kind of lazy that way. Watching her walk down the stairs to the subway was a hoot as well. She has no depth perception and so when she goes down the stairs she is quite timid. She sticks her butt out in the air and leans forward very far. We were glad to have Amber and grandma help her down them as we carried Josh and the strollers down. She was a pro at riding the Subway. She knew that she had to hold on to the metal bars so that she did not fall. As per usual she ate like a horse. She loved the Lasagna the best that we had in Little Italy.

When we were at the Red Sox game she didn't even know there was a game going until the 5th inning when Mark put her on his lap. She was too busy eating a hot dog, peanuts, fries, ice cream, and cracker jacks. Josh on the other hand was busy climbing the bars next to me and taking peanuts from the guy behind us.

Josh was quite the hit at the game. Many fans were fussing over him and telling us how cute he was. At one point in the game like 20 people were turned around talking to him and making a fuss. I just figured that they all just noticed what a cute boy that was sitting behind them and then they all turned back around a a guy behind me told me that Josh was just up on the jumbo tron. All of us totally missed it. I thought they were just thinking he was the cutes little guy they had seen in a while and I was just smiling. I mean I think he is way cute so why would everyone else feel any different. Anyhow too bad we missed it but how cool is that, he made the jumbo tron at a red sox game.

Other things that we did were we drove to Maine and had a Lobster. That was my second of the trip. Boy was it good. We ate pretty good the whole trip. We had all sorts of varieties of food. My favorite had to be the Canoli's from the pastry shop in Little Italy. We went three times to get them because they were so yummy. We went to the beach to see the Atlantic ocean. Josh loved the sand and made quite the mess. He had wet sand all over him. I could go on and on about all the fun things we did. It was a lot of fun. Oh ya and the plane ride home. Much better. Josh was pooped and slept and just drank bottles. He had four bottles in five hours but it kept him quiet. I had to change his diaper twice. Well if I think of more I will post it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had fun! Cute pictures.

kellie said...

These pictures are great!! Can't wait to see more. (You better get on that women!) I am sad we weren't there :(

Mandy said...

Welcome back!! It looks like so much fun, I'm a little jealous. Mark looks so happy, I guess that's what Boston does to him huh? Lets get together soon, maybe a little WII competition again? Call us!!

Anonymous said...

So Red Sox fans, did they win? Looks like you had a blast, I wish I was there! Your kids are darling! Great pictures too!