Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Plane Ride


Yesterday afternoon we left for Boston. Mark and I were concerned about Josh being really hard on the plane. I thought we were going to be OK because he had not taken a good nap in the morning and he was looking tired when we were boarding the plane. Well we took off and Josh thought he was on a ride at Disneyland. He was squealing with laughter and saying Wee Wee as we took off. It was hilarious. He had everyone around us laughing. I thought well this won't be too bad.

Then an hour had passed as well as one bottle. He did not fall asleep but was very tired. Mark thought well maybe if we eat dinner and then gave him another bottle when it was dark he would fall asleep. We passed him around to Grandma, Grandpa, Amber, Mark, and myself constantly. Another hour had passed (I forgot to mention we were the second row from the back of the plane) The food finally showed up and they were out of everything that sounded decent. Ashlyn was ornery because she was hungry. Josh was ornery because he was tired and hungry. Mark and I were ornery and exhausted. We ended up with a chicken salad and three fruit/cheese and cracker trays. So Mark, Ash, and I were good. Ash was happy with her food. Now it was Time to focus on Josh. Well four hours and 20 minutes went by and Josh did not take a nap. He wiggled and moved the entire time. He screamed a few times and was so tired. Landing was the same as taking off. Josh thought we were back at Disneyland saying wee and laughing with utter Joy.

He did finally fall asleep. He fell asleep as the cab pulled up to the hotel. He then woke up again and went back to bed an hour later this at midnight eastern time. He then woke up again five hours later and joined Mark and I in out double bed that we thought was supposed to be a queen. He pretty much kept us up the rest of the night. Let hope for better days to come the rest of the week.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Sounds fun?? Just kidding, double beds are great!! Well, now that you are there I hope things will go a little better for you. I am so jealous, I wish I were on vacation right now. Have fun and visit "cheers" for Ty!!!

Jaime said...

I feel for ya. And our flight was only to CA. I hope you guys have lots of fun!

Julia said...

Nat,

It could be worse. You could have two babies, just 12 months apart, both having fits on the plane. Not that I have any idea what that would be like. Nope. No idea.

Have fun in Boston!

Rykell said...

Nat-
I am jeolous too. Sounds fun! I hope the plane ride home turns out better than the one there. Your kids are adorable. We need to get together soon, and hey! I finally updated my blog!
You'll have to teach me some more tricks, I am still blogger illiterate!