Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New Pet




Well we decided to get rid of Manny. We traded him in for a Peacock. Josh was literally choking the dog as he picked him up to play. He loved that dog so much. The dog did not like him. He would growl at him and one day Manny just snapped and went into attack mode on Josh. I knew that it was not time to have a dog anymore. So i put in on KSL to sale him. Luckily he sold in 1 day to a couple that had 1 other dog and no kids. Their dog was their child. I think Manny and us are better off for now. We will try again when Josh is older.

The Peacock however is totally easy going. He does not growl at Josh. He loves it when we feed him and he hardly ever poops on our lawn. He sleeps outside in the tree and only wakes us up in the morning at about 5:00. He is big, so Josh can't choke him. His name is Peacock, for those of you who were wondering on his name. He can come and go as he pleases so we don't have to entertain him all the time or get a babysitter when we leave to go somewhere. Did I mention he was free to. All you have to do is move to the area we live in and they just become your instant pet. We sure love Peacock. Sorry you were not here to see this Mandy. I know you wanted to see one.

3 comments:

TR said...

I hope this isn't some foreshadowing of the Red Sox trading the real Manny. And you're right, Mandy will be totally bummed about missing the peacock. Or is it a peahen? How can you tell? Either way, the peafowl is a beautiful animal.

Heather said...

I know how hard that is to have a dog that does not blend well with your kids. Peacock is beautiful though! What a fun pet:)

Mandy said...

Why didn't you stick him in your garage or the fire pit? (just kidding) I can't believe I missed it. Although, by the look on his face I think it's clear he was looking around to catch a glimpse of me as well. Maybe some day we will meet and what a day that will be!!!!