Sunday, June 29, 2008

5 Years Old


Yesterday we celebrated Ashlyn's 5th birthday. Mark and I were quite excited for her birthday and we decided to plan a big party for her. Ash woke up at about 7:00 and we all went down stairs and opened her presents. She got so excited over each one of them. She spent time playing with each new thing for about 10 minutes and then would move on to the next. It was really cute.






After that she went on to ask me about every 20 minutes when her "party guests" would be arriving. It was cracking me up because she was so proper about it. She was so excited for her party. I told her that we first needed to go and pick up your cake and candy for the Cinada (pinata). So we went and got her cake and some candy. While at the store Ashlyn in her manipulative mind frame says to me " Fireworks would be really cool at my party". So I bought her some snaps. That entertained Josh and Ash for about a half hour and then it was on to when were the party guest going to arrive again. Well they arrived and the party was started.






Ashlyn's Cousins Alyssa, Ryan, Ethan, Ben, Tommy, Riley, Mack, and McKayla were there. She had so much fun with them. They did the slip n slide, played a ton in the bounce house, played pin the tale on the donkey, and had a pinata filled with lots of yummy candy. They all seemed to have such a good time. Ash enjoyed every second of them being there. Her Great Grandma Hughes came as well as Grandma and Grandpa and her Aunts and Uncles. She had all of her favorite things to eat but I am not sure she ate any of it. She had chicken legs, hot dogs, watermelon, pineaple, potato salad, and potato chips. It all turned out well. She is having a party at her other Grandparents house today so I will post that later. Overall it was a great day. Thanks everyone for making it such a special day for her and for the fun presents your brought for her. She really had a fun day.




6 comments:

kellie said...

How fun!! I love these pictures. The Holley's happen to have the cutest kids :) Thanks again for all the good food and radical party! We love you Ashy, Happy Birthday again :)

Toby and Emily said...

I can't believe she's 5! I'm glad everyone had a fun bday party with her!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn! The party looks like it rocked. What a great hostess!!!

Anonymous said...

Fun party! Happy Birthday, Ash! I remember that time...Girls Camp and then Ash! I can't believe it was five years ago.

Julia said...

Miss Ashlyn,

It feels like it was yesterday when your mom called to tell me you were joining her and your Daddy. I can't believe it was 5 years ago. You are such a beautiful, smart little girl. Happy Birthday!

Julia & Family

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me to this fun party! I had a blast and the cake was the best. Happy Birthday Ash! - Michelle