Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

I just wanted to post some pictures of the kids from Christmas. We had a great Christmas. The kids got way more than they needed but it was sure fun. On Christmas Eve Ashlyn was confused because she came in and climbed in bed with us and said when can we go down stairs. She was pretty upset when I explained it was not Christmas until tomorrow. We had to go down stairs and open one present each. More disappointment came when she opened up her present and it was a shirt. We then explained that mom and dad do the clothes and boring stuff while Santa will bring her the toys that night.

On Christmas eve we went to Marks mom for a yummy meal. I made every one's favorite, twice baked potatoes. We had more food than I could even think about eating. After dinner we went to my nephew Mikey's grave and sang Christmas songs to him. We do this every year and it really is so special. I can feel the spirit so strong there and I never can sing. I get choked up and that is it for me. Mikey was a special boy and I love and miss him so much. No matter how hard it is for Mark and I, we know it is nothing that his parents feel each year as they miss him so much. I am thankful to get to go every Christmas Eve and spend a little part of Christmas with him and his memories.

After that we opened presents at Marks Parents house. Marks mom made the kids all blankets this year. They were so cute and nice. Ahslyn also got a doll that looks a lot like her and she sure loves it. Josh got a pirate ship that he loves as well. Well it was a long day for the kids so we went home and put them to bed. We had a lot of work ahead of us. Did I say a lot of work? What were we thinking. We bought the kids a play kitchen from Costco and it took us until 2:00 AM to put together. The other toys were easy thank goodness but never again. Everything will be put together next year.

On Christmas morning, Mark and I woke up before the kids because we were so excited. We waited for them to wake up and then took them downstairs. Their faces were priceless. We went to my dads on Christmas and they were equally spoiled there to. Josh got a Tool table with all sorts of fun things to build with. Ashlyn got her Easy Bake Oven that she has wanted forever. All together the kids had a great Christmas and mom and dad have entertained kids for a few months until they are bored of the toys. To spare all of you a longer blog than it already is I will just post pictures.









7 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas! I loved your play kitchen...that was so cute! I remember putting a Barbie house together with Joe last year and that was enough for us too...this year we didn't have anything to put together and it was so nice!!

kellie said...

Oh these pictures are the best!! They are both so happy. I would have LOVED that kitchen set when I was a wee lass! I can't wait to bring Mack out to play. Better whip up some of those twice bakers when we come!! HA

Jaime said...

Mmmm...twice baked. Glad you had a fun Christmas. Cute pictures.

Anna said...

Love it! Megan got a cupcake maker from her grandma and grandpa and was so excited. We haven't tried it out yet though...she says she is waiting (not sure for what)!

Julie said...

I totally want that little red kitchen...i am jealous.

Heather said...

What cute pics Nat. I love your little family. I am glad you had a great christmas.

Lauren B. said...

Nat, I am having so much fun looking at your blog. It is so cute! Your kids are darling!