Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Martin Luther King Day


Mark had Martin Luther King Day off, I did not. Whenever Mark has a day off I always feel so excited thinking oh good he can take care of the kids while I work. By the end of the day I am glad to know he is going to work the next day.


Mark gets a little bored being home. He thinks of projects to do to keep him busy so that he does not get onery. I am totally fine with him doing this because he really does get onery. Well his first project was to shovel the walk. That went well and he got it all done. Next he decided to go to the Home Depot to buy a heater to put in the garage so he can work out there in the cold months. That to went well. Next he decided to take Ashlyn out in the garage to clean out the cars. She was thrilled to go out and spend time with her dad. This is where my day gets difficult and much harder than when he is just gone to work.


So Mark and Ashh are out cleaning the cars and I start getting my orders. Nat can you come out here and get Josh's car seat out so I can vacuum? Can I get some bags to put the garbage in? When you get a chance can you get all this stuff I cleaned out of the car and put it all away? My thoughts were does it look like I am looking for something to do. I am sitting at my computer working and he is handing out orders for his projects.


Next Mark decides to go and shovel the back patio. Ashlyn sees him out there and decides she is going to help. So she goes out and Josh sat at the window freaking out because he wants to go out there. Mark taps on the window and says get him a coat and bring him out. So I get him dressed and send him out. Not even five minutes later he taps on the window and says here you better get him its too cold out here. So now I am having to undress him and put warm clothes on him again.


So do I love my husband? I sure do. Do I love him to go to work? Most definitely.

1 comment:

kellie said...

I love these pictures of them in the snow!! They are so awesome :)