Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My dearest Ashy


I wanted to write about my daughter Ashlyn today. Some things get said around her that she has heard and then she asks me questions. I never want her to feel left out from not looking like us or me not giving birth to her. She is the the 5th born of grandchildren on both sides families and the second born as a girl. So this Blog is dedicated to her and how much we love her. Yes she is adopted but we do not feel she is any different than if she were born with our genes. She is still ours and she is a part of our family. In fact I feel that she is just as loved or even more loved from most of those around her because of her circumstances. So here are 10 things I love about you Ashy.

1. You are naturally the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.
2. You are so smart and know more than you should. You pick up on things that kids your age do not. Some things that I wish you wouldn't pick up on you do.
3. You love Josh and treat him so good. He just gets so excited when he See's your face in the mornings. Your a great big sister.
4. You say the best prayers ever. I am so proud of you that you love Jesus and are thankful for him.
5. You tell me that I am your BFFL all the time. I hope we can always be best friends and have a good relationship.
6. You love dad, Josh, and I 25.
7. You have a love for shoes just like mom and dad and you never get your shoes dirty.
8. You eat like a horse. I love that you will eat food that mom and dad love. I love how much you can put away in that small little body of yours.
9. I love how organized you are. I love how you put your candy into colors and types. How you always sort things out into shapes, sizes and colors.
10. Most of all I just love you and every little thing about you. You made mom's dream come true so that I could be a mom and that means everything to me.

Mom and Dad love you so much and are so proud of you. You are a great blessing in our lives. We feel like you were meant to be ours and we are so glad you are.

9 comments:

TR said...

If I weren't such a manly-man, that post might have choked me up. Oliva LOVES Ashlyn and can't wait for her to come over.

Mandy said...

OK. That is adorable. Unlike my husband I did get choked up and I may have cried a few tears. I happen to think Ashlyn is such a great girl! I remember how excited you guys were when she came into your life. I truly believe she is exactly where she was always meant to be- in your cute little family. Yay, for adoption!! ASHLYN ROCKS!!

Kyle said...

So cute. That will mean a lot to her someday.

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

That's so sweet! You definitely need to print this out and read it again when she's 13. And 14. And for sure 15.....

Julie said...

You said it Perfect. I am so happy that Ashlyn made you a mom too!

{Quellie} said...

That is so darling! What a good mommy you are, Nat! Ash, you're a sweetheart!

Jaime said...

Great post. You guys were definately meant to be a family.

Anonymous said...

was a great blog on Ashlyn. To follow up on your top 10 reasons, here are some of mine.

1. She is my granddaughter.
2. She is your daughter
3. She is beautiful.
4. She is funny.
5. She has a great laugh and makes others laugh.
6. She has a beautiful smile.
7. She will throw a fit sometimes when she is having fun at grandpa's.
8. I love Ashlyn very much.

Love you Natalie. It's good to see that tender, loving side of you. Being a wife and mom has been good for you.

Rykell said...

Natbrat-
You are so adorable. I have to say, Ashy may not be yours by blood, but I will tell you, that she definitely has some of your mom in her with that organization stuff! I totally got watery eyes! What a neat mom you are. I love you!