Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lunch Party



I finally found the card reader for my computer so I can post with pictures! Yippy for me. So a few weeks ago I invited my cousins and aunt over for a little lunch party. My sister was also to come but her husband got got sick so she stayed home with him and made sure we did not get it in case she was carrying it. (She was so we are glad she stayed)

My Aunt Linda, Kelly, Cheryl, Kristy, and all of their kids came over around 1:30 and the party began from there. Well I should say I had to guide them to my house first since someone I am not naming any names didn't follow the instructions I typed to her. So we all had food assignments and of course the same person that did not bring my typed instructions again not naming names forgot the chips. So Cheryl and I packed up in her car and ran to Maverick for a couple of bag of chips.

Once we got back I got to work making my famous Pesto Burgers. I promised my Linda she would not taste the meat with my great pesto topping. She does not like meat. I succeeded. She said it was a great burger and that she could eat that again. We also had all sorts of other junk and over all it was a great feast.

The kids swam in the pool, jumped in the bounce house, played in Ashy's room, and did all sorts of stuff. They all enjoyed each other while the girls chatted away and enjoyed each others company. Cheryl also did my hair. She gave me the full on treatment. She colored, cut, and styled my hair. I loved it. Thanks Cheryl my awesome cousin.

Overall we had a great time. I was so happy that they drove all the way out to my house. I had so much fun and enjoyed their company. I love being around my moms family because it gives me a piece of her that I would not have. It brings back good memories of her and makes me feel that she is there with us, happy we are together. My aunt Linda and my aunt Debbie have both been really good about keeping in touch with us and making sure we know our mom. I really appreciate that about the both of them.

Thank you Linda and my girls for coming out to my house and making it such a fun time. I look forward to our next get together that is coming real soon. I love you guys so much and I am so glad we get together once a month. You guys are the best! Michell we missed you and are glad you are all better now.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Are you going to leave us hangin'? How about a recipe for the burgers...

So glad you are keeping the ties strong with your moms family. You just gotta know she's thrilled about that...

TR said...

So when are you guys going to come over for dinner and a wii party?

Anonymous said...

You are such a great hostess. I can't wait to do it all again. I have to admit I was a little jealous though...