Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quest for Perfection


Okay so I cant find the thing that hooks in my computer to upload pictures from my camera. I hate writing without pictures two times in a row so I came up with something that I could write about and have a picture. I know for a fact Julia will enjoy this.

So College Football season is approaching. In 17 days the cougars play N. Iowa to open their season. I am so excited for this game and the season to start. BYU is stacked with a huge amount of talented players and coaches this season. If they can go undefeated they can go to a bowl game. I have a great feeling about this and feel that is exactly what will happen. There are only three teams that I think will give them a run for their money. UCLA who just lost their QB to injury, Washington, and maybe TCU.

Some of you may be wondering why the Utes who I like to call the Pukes are not mentioned here. It is simple. They have a terrible immature coach. With a terrible coach it makes for a not so good team. I have seen it with the cougars. Gary Crowton was not a leader and the cougar program went down hill from that. So until whitingham is either fired or resigns I have no worries of them beating us anytime soon.

Some also may wonder why I am a Cougar fan and not a Puke fan. It is simple. Yes I grew up in SL and attended many games at the U for basketball and maybe two football games. I think of the quote from one of my favorite movies called fever pitch. "When did they ever love you back" Well when I married Mark he was a huge Cougar fan and he said I needed to be one to get married. It was not hard to convert. First off When did the U ever love me back? I played basketball in High School and wanted to play at the U when I graduated. Well they totally ignored me taking two other girls that I played against as part of their team. As I recall it I was better than the two of them. I out scored both of them when playing them and I also held them to some of their lowest scoring games defensively. So why would I be obligated to be a fan of a school that is stupid? Hiring stupid coaches and recruiting sucky players. That is right I would not want to.

I am now and always will be a Cougar fan true and blue. They have better teams, academics, and rank higher in their MBA program than the U does. Sorry to all the U fans for this but I just wanted to give a shout out to the Cougs! Here is to a perfect season.

9 comments:

Julia said...

Just commenting to say, "No comment."

Anonymous said...

GO UTAH!

Mandy said...

I knew I hated the Utes for some reason, and now I know. They totally screwed you man. I must have known early in my youth that they would do something like this (to someone I love) because at a very young age I hated them. Things got worse (as you know) when I married Ty. I am now going to pass this story on to Ethan to fuel his hatred for the "pukes" as well. Go cougs!!!!

Mandy said...

Oh yeah, BYU's head coach is way cuter too!!! Does that count for anything? Well, in my book it does :)

TR said...

I've never heard anybody call Bronco "cute"?

Nice blog, Nat. Hands down your best post since the creation of this blog.

Toby and Emily said...

Toby has already ordered The Quest t-shirts from the BYU bookstore for all of us - he even got one for the baby, which I'm sure won't fit, but he'll make her wear it anyway. You BYU fans are obsessed but I love you!

Anonymous said...

Somebody has been brainwashed, I think I'm going to have to slap some sense in to you when I see you. The only reason you are a puke cougar fan is because you live down past the point of the mountain and everyone who lives past the point of the mountain is brainwashed and lives in their own little world. I'm laughing at your comment about 'when have the Utes ever loved me back'? That was hilarious... BYU loves you back (other than the religion)? You are too funny. I'll always be a UTE fan regardless of whether they love me or not... regardless of if they win or don't win. GO UTES :o)

Jaime said...

Rise and Shout Sista!

Markalie said...

Dear Anonymous,

You obviously have no life. I did not ask you to read my blog and did not invite your comments. This blog is for me and my family and you are not welcome to it. You can go to hell and eat shit while your at it asshole. Next time suck it up and leave a name loser.